POCATELLO ID UNDERGROUND TANK REMOVAL
Pocatello ID Underground Tank Removal
At E&G Contractors, we have years of experience in Pocatello ID underground tank removal. We follow these steps for safe and efficient underground tank removal:
Task 1 – Consultation
- We make contact with Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (IDEQ). We assist you in preparing and submitting a 30 day notice of tank closure to Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (IDEQ). Coordinate removal schedule and soil sampling with assigned regional IDEQ staff.
Task 2 – Removal
- We will remove all existing fuel and water from the tanks, fuel dispensing, monitoring, piping and storage equipment, concrete over tanks, tanks and disposal of all removed equipment, soil, concrete or tanks.
Task 3 – Soil Analysis
- Soils sample(s) will be taken as directed by IDEQ representative and sent to approved and certified laboratory for analysis. Standard petroleum and hydrocarbon analysis (as directed by IDEQ) will be performed with normal turnaround times. At an extra cost expedited test results may be required if free product or contaminated soils are found.
Task 4 – Backfill
- We will be required to identify amount, type and source of clean gravel fill material from a locally established site. Excavated area will be filled with approved material, compacted and will be level with surrounding area.
Task 5 – Documentation
- We will be required to have and provide all necessary certifications, licenses, approvals and documents when requested by INL or IDEQ. Contractor will also be required to provide copies of any soil lab analysis results, disposal records, shipping manifests, weigh tickets or any such documents as may be requested.
Task 6 – Triple Rinse Tanks
- E&G Contractors Inc. will then triple rinse the flow line and the tanks with a rinse aid.
TO INSURE THAT THE TANKS ARE REMOVED SAFELY WE WILL EXCAVATE DOWN TO EXPOSE THE TANKS. WE WILL THEN INERT THEM BY USING CO2 TO GET THE OXYGEN LEVELS DOWN TO 5%. WE WILL USE AN OXYGEN METER TO MONITOR THE LEVELS THROUGHOUT THIS TANK REMOVAL.
Click here to learn more about our Pocatello ID concrete work services.